[StBernard] Windows & Doors

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Apr 25 09:55:37 EDT 2006

Craig, I realize we need cleaning up in a serious manner to cleanse the
filth, piles of trash/rubble and give incentive to those who wish to move
back and find their neighbor's trash won't "fall over" onto their property
or devalue what they're revaluing.<G>

However, there is one underlying truth as to why oh so many have yet to make
that decision and that's because decisions can't be met when information is
slower than gutting, garbage/debris is not fulfilled and answers to serious
questions which affect the majority of damaged homes' owners might be
hesitant and cautiously optimistic to proceed with what might be a cost out
of their already seriously-challenged economic condition. Many don't/won't
blight houses to be contempable, ignorantly/mentally dispicable or
intentionally wish to pi$$ off their neighbor or community. Many lived
hand-to-mouth and paycheck2paycheck. Now they're faced with paying someone
$50 a week to cut grass when they're faced with financial ruin from the
myrial bills that's slamming them concurrently.

If the parish wants to keep them away, this is a good way to force a wedge
into relations, perhaps. We took it to the jar hard and laying down while
the count of 9 is being waved down by referees who may be in better shape
than so many of us happen to be.

--we're still awaiting gutting. Still awaiting piles of rubble
inside/outside to be addressed. Still awaiting financial straights to be
addressed and a "real" Road Home to appear. It won't be realistic to ask for
money to make us whole again as to even those who made it financially ok
though the storm, a lot of their inner-being is disrupted or in dismay.

Placing boards on our windows from 700 miles away is not logical to some. It
costs us over $500 a trip--money that's sorely needed at a time when there's
no "trees available for money to grow upon".

-jer-

MP,

The May 31st deadline is the deadline for notifying the parish of owners'
intentions for action on their property. After the deadline, the first
action of the council will be to identify properties that have done nothing
and have made no intentions known as part of the blighted property process.
At some point we will begin the review of the condition of properties to
avoid them being boarded up or left open and unpresentable. That timeline
is influenced by several factors so it has not been set just yet-

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig