[StBernard] rebuilding costs

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 26 19:05:17 EDT 2006

Hear, hear!!

Also, give us a list of contacts for engineers, where we can get the flood
elevation, etc. in one location!

Jim

I went to the Community Development Office Saturday morning.

I turned in a copy of my Flood Elevation and the original Engineer's
Structural Report which stated that the property was structurally
sound for
the purpose intended. I also confirmed that my property was in the
30-60%
damage range as originally classified by the Parish.

I was assured that with these three documents, building permits
would be
issued for electrical work and that my property would be
Grandfathered in
any new flood elevations. The 30-60% damage range does not need a
replacement cost estimate with the above documents provided.

Why is it that there seems to be such a lack of information
available from
the Parish Government? A simple posting of facts is what is needed.

People want to get on with their lives.
Someone please lay out the steps to follow.

David Hamburger