[StBernard] LRA Statement re Status of Road Home Housing Program

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 26 20:26:48 EDT 2006

Mudpie,

The first draft of the plan was two plans in one. The first plan assumed
that Congress would approve the additional $4.2 billion. The second plan
went on the assumption that Congress would not approve the additional funds.

If the additional funds were not approved then the state was going to limit
the program to those who made less than 70% of the "area mean income".

It looks like from announcements made today that they will scrap that idea
all together and just reduce the maximum amount anyone can get.

Westley