[StBernard] Gulf Outlet unlikely to close

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 27 07:58:01 EDT 2006

In the book "Holding back to Sea" by Christopher Hallowell, the author
quotes Junior Rodriquez, then as a Parish councilman, stating "closing the
MR.GO is the biggest challenge in my lifetime." He also stated "The only
reason I am sitting here is to see the MR.GO closed. The thing has destroyed
the parish. We got no swamp left; we got no marsh left. It ain't an option
for the people of the parish to keep this open."

The people of St. Bernard elected Junior because he represented preserving
the wetlands and fitting the Army Corp. of Engineers to close the MR.GO, if
he changes what he represents then the people of St. Bernard should not
re-elect Junior or better yet, they should impeach him. Junior, how can now
say we should keep the MR.GO open when all the past theories have been
proven true. Even, the Corp. of Engineers admits that the MR.GO "should" be
closed.

Sam