[StBernard] tired of BS from MurphyOIL & Torres cashing in onParish devestation???

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Apr 29 23:04:59 EDT 2006

Very well said. Any attention, especially that which reaches the national
news level will bring action. At the same time, it is important that all
parish residents support the current plan and by June 1 initiate, if we
haven't already, actions to demonstrate that your home is in the repair
process, and has not been abandoned. I have spoken to several nearly
residents who are great people; they are simply tired and frustrated. I
have tried to point out that they have nothing to lose by cleaning up their
property to at least remove the mud and debris, however possible. Sign up
for free gutting; ask for assistance from your neighbors, church groups,
etc.

Gutting houses is down for $3.25 to less than $1 a foot. This small
investment may well make your home salvageable, for sale or to live in down
the road. Think of your neighbors who are struggling to rebuild and stop
the potential spread of disease, rodents, and the like.

We need to utilize our resources. Use trustees to clean out the canals,
pick up trash along the neutral grounds,etc. (I certainly mean "trustees";
not rapists or the like) Take the time to clean-up around your own home and
help your neighbors, which in turn, will benefit you. Last, stay in
constant communication with your elected officials. Election time will
quickly come, so make them aware that you are watching to see their actions
during these difficult times.

By working together and with the grace of God we will prevail.