[StBernard] Minutes of Operations Briefing - April 26

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 2 00:52:59 EDT 2006

Public Assistance:
Residential: Craig Taffaro
1. Trailer up date: less than 4,400 trailers leased in, two weeks until 30
day deadline of completion. Requested updated list to identify our trailer
parks or parks being set up at egg sites, he is still concerned that St.
Bernard Parish was being set-up for non-residents. FEMA continues to dance
around the answer. Dysart stated that there was a previous commitment by
FEMA at the AFO saying there would be absolutely no non-residents placed
into St. Bernard sites. Taffaro planning to send letter from the Council to
the Mayor of New Orleans requesting him to take care of his own residents
and open the parks he has on hold. Melerine inquired to the number of parks
and egg sites presently in St. Bernard. Melerine stated that if FEMA
started to place non-residents in our parks he will not be sitting on this
council. He would resign from the council the very first time he hears of
non-residents moving into the parks whether it be from New Orleans or other
areas. His heart cannot take all that. Taffaro said FEMA does not care
about that, and he pointed out that he was not bashing FEMA it was the facts
of the matter.

Lord help us. I am in the process of rebuilding and would like to be kept
informed on this issue.

On another note, I am currently working in Lafayette for a couple of more
months until my company returns to New Orleans. However, I do come home to
the parish every weekend to see my husband and work on my house. I am a
notary public and if anyone is in need of a notary on the weekends, I will
gladly assist them for a nominal fee. I happened to be at the government
complex this weekend and there was a couple there in need of a notary which
the government has access to only during the week. I notarized their
documents for them while I was there. It's my small part in the Katrina
recovery process. My cell phone number is (504) 256-3161.

Karen Fernandez

--
This e-mail and all attachments is confidential and may contain legally
privileged information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you