[StBernard] gutting

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 2 21:12:16 EDT 2006

<<I could not agree more. It is long past the time where everyone should
have at least gutted their house and showed some consideration for their
neighbors.>>

John / Craig,

I understand your concerns, however what is one to do when the parish can
not tell you where
you are in the gutting process by the volunteers and your home seems to be
the only one on the block that was "missed"?

My property is in Zone "4". A friend witnessed in March many groups working
on my particular street.

I am living in Dallas and have very limited vacation time because of the new
jobs my wife and I have. I was under insured on flood insurance and had to
use contents money to payoff the rest of my note. Further straining the
dollar, I have also had someone slam into me in an auto accident in
Lafayette and am now dealing with a failed attempt of stealing my truck from
the apartment where we are living. Physically and financially restricted,
what is one to do other than turn to the parish volunteer program?

>From what I recall, my paperwork was submitted in November for gutting.

received a phone call in January asking for a right of entry signature and a
copy of my license which was submitted.

I have been speaking with the Dept of Recovery for more than eight weeks.
I am still waiting for an answer of where I am in the process. At one point
I was told that they were working a new system and the parish employee did
not know how the new system was being worked. I have worked on this issue
as diligently as one can from 500 miles away.

Today when I called five different times, the phone continues to ring with
no answer.

Alan Thriffiley, Jr.