[StBernard] deLoach

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 3 08:02:20 EDT 2006

Agreed Westley. That was pretty smarmy and as you said possibly illegal in
the way the info was obtained.

And the part about pardon us if you can't get hold of us during busy
times....well, if you want to solicit business you better make sure
someone's around to answer the phone.

But I'll tell you one equally as bad is the damaged equipment form on Cox's
website.
I printed it out and laughed! Yes indeed, I'll be happy to give you my
name, my dob, my d/l # and my SSN and fax it to some fax #......NOT!

After Dad died, I went to the Cox office in St. Bernard to see about
changing the account to Mom's name, even brought a copy of the death cert.
They gave me all kinds of grief and I said fine...leave it in his name and
I'll just drop the bill off each month from my checking account.

So, I'll put his info on there and send it. They can't hurt him at this
point! And besides, it looks like we'll be down there before Cox has
service restored and I guess we'll be going with dish or direct tv for a
year or 18 months.

JY

Deborah,

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this one.

First off, in the UNSOLICITED that he sent out, he leads the reader
believe that the email was sent out with the consent of parish
officials:

"information provided by the St. Bernard Parish Government"

Since Craig was even wondering why he got an email, I don't think
the parish
gave him permission to use the emails as he did.

Secondly, I still question his "Chalmette" address. All searches
I've done
show no relation to DeLoach and Chalmette. I'm not saying I'm 100%
on this,
but when you pull out a goose egg, you gotta call it what it is.

Third, his web site appears to be specially constructed to sell to
Katrina
victims. Goto http://www.deloachcorp.com and you get nothing but a
logo and
email address.

Not wanting to go off of just my opinion, I did ask others who have
connection to St. Bernard or Louisiana to give me their impressions.
This
one is a good example of the responses I got back:

----
Just glanced at his site, and it sounds like they're something of a
clearinghouse:

http://www.deloachcorp.com/construction/services.htm

"From demolition to finished product our resources of over 10,000
qualified
craftsmen and specialty contractors are committed to successful
completion
of your project."

They seem to suggest that they don't even provide good service::

http://www.deloachcorp.com/construction/contact.php

"It may be difficult to contact us during high-volume periods.
Alternatively, the electronic message form below may be submitted."

I don't even see a BBB entry for them...
----

This is from business associates of mine who are business and
computer book
authors.

He may have good intentions, but that does not excuse that the fact
that
what he did is unethical and possibly illegal.

Not counting the messages that got through my spam filters, I have
165
emails flagged as spam in just 18 hours. I just cannot endorse
anyone that
does anything that even remotely looks like spam.

You have seen it on this list numerous times, any business or
organization
that has wanted to say they were open or willing to help St. Bernard
Parish
was broadcast to the list. Sometimes more than once, if there was
someone
who replied back to give positive feedback.

He had no problem finding this list and trying to put out a positive
spin
once we started talking about him. Shouldn't have been too hard to
find it
earlier.

The parish has 122 names on their website and this list is hovering
right
around 700. You think he would have field day if he got a hold of my
list?
There is a reason that not only is the list of email addresses
password
protected, but I also send out emails strictly with my email address
on
them.

I also feel like I may have to start editing out email addresses and
phone
numbers on the messages that people post. It is not just identity
theft
that worries me.

Westley

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman9/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/ev
t=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com/> for just 2¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger
with Voice.