[StBernard] Coming Home

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat May 6 22:46:10 EDT 2006

Wendy,

The upstairs of my home was looted, we had about a foot of water upstairs
but they took what they could above the water line, I lived in Lexington. My
house is gutted now. My brother's house was looted a few times upstairs on
Palmisano, he didn't have water upstairs. He finally got his stuff out and
gutted and boarded up his house. We didn't find anyone living in our homes
but we are in Slidell and not there all the time. But we do go frequently.
I don't thing crime is out of control but you will have to be very careful
in deserted and isolated places. Jr. R. has a body guard with a gun to
travel around the parish with him for protection. A lady was stabbed in
Meraux. a guy shot his mother in law and then himself but they had problems,
domestic stuff. There are some crime problems, drugs and domestic fights but
not out of contol. There are a lot of out of town workers that you don't
know much about and plenty of men. Just have to be careful and try to stay
where there are people if that is possible. I don't like to go there by
myself with out my husband. I feel intimidated as a woman alone around all
these unknown contruction workers. That may not be politically correct to
say but I do feel like the weaker sex. I have a teenage daughter too and I'm
always having the "be aware" talk with her when she goes there.This has been
my experience.

Laurie