[StBernard] Please Help!

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 10 00:14:14 EDT 2006

Kriste,

I went to Murphy last week also and they said they tested my soil and they
gave me the test results. If you are not in the original Murphy oil spill
map, I would recommend staying in the class action and not opting out. We
have 3 properties in the oil spill, 2 in the original Murphy map and 1 in
the judge's extended map. They would not settle or talk to us unless we
opted out of all three properties, which we did. They settled with us on
the 2 properties in their original map, but they are not paying anything or
settling with property in the Judge's map unless they test it first and it
is positive for Murphy Oil, as opposed to someone else's oil. Our property
in the judge's map tested negative for Murphy Oil. They told us the
negative results before we opted out but not that they would not settle or
pay anything. But it was ok with me because if the property was negative
for their oil, they didn't owe me anything anyway. And I think the property
is going to be greenspace anyway so I'm not trying to repair that one. But
to answer your question, I've never heard that you need to opt out first in
order to have your property tested. But I have heard of them losing
people's paper work. They are very firm over there and it is hard to get
anywhere with them. When we expressed frustration at not getting much
information from them they delightfully say, "You can thank Sidney Torres
for that. Our hands are tied."

Laurie