[StBernard] Lists

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 17 10:37:24 EDT 2006

Jim, Westley and All,

We have set the following deadlines;

June 9, 2006 deadline to sign up for gutting or demolition

Properties not designated in the June 9th list will
automatically be placed in the blighted property process which will result
in public notification of the blighted determination- present law requires a
10 day notice, a second notice with a 24 hour response period, followed by
council action to order demolition or grant an appeal request for repair.

August 29, 2006 deadline for properties to be cleaned and secured with
exterior windows/doors. No boarding up properties.

The properties that have not been cleaned and secured by the
August 29, 2006 deadline will follow the process as stated above.

There will undoubtedly be much discussion about this and much disagreement
by many. We are working out the details as to how to shift the focus of the
volunteer efforts to those who really need it due to elderly status or a
disability. This program should be released shortly.

The predominant thinking of the council is to move the process along by
placing a reason for people to address what they are responsible for.
Although the free gutting program has been a promising program, it has never
materialized to the level of functional status we had hoped and as we all
have experienced, when government tries to do what people can do for
themselves, things get slowed dramatically.

Good luck and God Bless us all,
Craig