[StBernard] Fountain Drinks

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 17 20:23:49 EDT 2006

to Jer:

Regarding your question about gasoline prices, we were in Chattanooga for
five months before being able to return home for good. We returned this
past weekend to order additional furniture (the prices in Tennessee and the
Carolina's are far less than in our area) and reschedule the delivery date.
Tennessee averaged $2.73 for regular unleaded. Just 15 minutes away in
Georgia, however, we paid as low as $2.62 a gallon. The reason - Georiga
has continued to waived state taxes on gasoline. The amazing thing is that
Tennessee charges no state income tax, but a sales tax of 9.75% (sound
familiar) and that both Tennessee and Georgia have clean roads, no potholes,
and they are continually striving to improve all roadways. Louisiana should
take note of this..........................