[StBernard] Phone Service

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu May 18 22:16:08 EDT 2006

Thanks a HUGE bunch!

Its not too bad living back here except of course for the lack of phone and
internet service and a grocery store. Once those things will be in place, I
feel that we'll be well on our way. And Janet is absolutely right. Bellsouth
either tells us that we're the stupid ones because we want some information
or they have no idea what we are talking about. All we have to do is place
an order for service and all will be right with the world. I'm so sick of
corporate idiots with no comprehension of the actuality of our situation.
Bellsouth however did give me a tentative date of June 30, but they stressed
that it was not guarranteed. One last note, don't bother calling the repair
customer service center. They very plainly did not know that phone lines
were even damaged in our area and quite rudely told me that I get service
when I get a dial tone, but didn't know when that would be. One of the women
I spoke to claimed to be an office manager and when I asked to speak to
someone above her was told that she of all people is the only manager in the
entire building and all the corporate executives could not be found. On an
ordinary Tuesday, no less! Hopefully, Craig will be able to rattle some
cages, so to speak, and get us some real answers.

Melissa