[StBernard] houses deteriorate anyways

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat May 20 12:35:59 EDT 2006

Why all the hubbub? If a house is still full of gunk, mold, mud, it will NOT
just stay that way but get worse. We see more and more of those abandoned
houses caving in, overgrown. The longer one waits, the less one has to
salvage. So the deadline is quite reasonalbe, I tthink. If you want ANY
chance of salvaging a house, it ought to have something done by now, at
least a show that it is tried, name on a list, what in the world are people
waiting for? There IS not magic payment and group of government sponsored
people suddenly fixing the house in a day or two, neither before nor after
August 29. We are feverishly working on ours, and it is nothing quick. In
the meantime, snakes keep crawling out of the neighbors yard high grass (yes
it has a for sale sign, no, no one even looks at it, it stinks with rotten
food and the pool swarms with mosquitoes.) Not afraid to sign my name
either. It is someone's property, and owners should be held responsible at
least to get it and keep it clean. (I can understand not wanting to buy
windows etc, but clean it up, please).

Gaby