[StBernard] Craig- Insurance Issue

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun May 21 11:20:45 EDT 2006

Cheryl, as Craig outlined, the LSU dental school was affected by the storm
and operating out of Baton Rouge. However, it is NOT free as I've been going
to it for 45 years, (via Tulane, Loyola and LSU).

Although they submit receipts for submission to an insurance company, they
charge firstly. The charges pay for materials only, and the students pay for
their schooling which is therefore passed onto the patients as a savings on
labor. (much like a beauty school, etc.).

Therefore, no but you can save on labor costs. Also, I've spent many hours
in the chair (3-4 hrs. a visit) due to students working on you, waiting for
Dr. to approve each step of the way, etc. You might say you get "chair
sores" from each visit while the learning is accomplished. A licensed
dentist practicioner can do most procedures in an hour by comparison.

I was at the school at the time of Katrina. If my teeth can stay in my
mouth, I could be visiting them again when I return.

Jer.

Cheryl,

Not to my knowledge. LSU School of Dentistry moved to Baton Rouge if that
is an option.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig