[StBernard] how about another list

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 22 09:05:15 EDT 2006

Gaby (well Westley first-I left the advert showing since Noto paid for it!
<g>

Anyway Gaby at our house we cleared behind our fence and kept it cut about
30 feet back, even had grass growing there. But beyond that it was da
woods. Big ugly weeds were growing beyond our clear area and also at the
neighbor's side behind is chain-link fence. We were getting some snakes in
the yard so I went to Home Depot and bought a pump sprayer and some kind of
brush killer, forgot the brand. Well anyway, that stuff took those weeds
down almost overnight. I swear the things were starting to die off the next
day. I also went into the neighbors yard (he was renting) and sprayed a
good bit of his weeds behind his fence. He just asked me what I was doing
and I told him and all he said was "Oh...cool."

The stuff I bought wasn't very expensive and it mixes with water. If you've
got a pump sprayer, maybe you could purchase this (think Ortho made it) and
spray the weeds yourself. Or get hubby to if he's got high boots!

That won't help with the funky house but it would handle the grass/weed
situation.

I offer this just as a possible solution and I/we, the listserv, won't tell
anyone. We promise.

Jim