[StBernard] Green space/Mitigation

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 22 22:34:41 EDT 2006

Craig:
Per your response below, it seems as though the green-space/ mitigation
issues are now moot points. This is the firstI have heard of this decision.
Just this past Saturday, I met ex-neighbors, who also own properties in the
area bounded by Genie, Paris Road and the Golden Canal. THey, like me, are
of the impression that there this area is planned for a greenspace. I spoke
with Judy Hoffmeister about this same issue, approximately 4 weeks ago, and,
was told that the Parish has submittted plans to turn the area into
greenspace, to the State and Federal authorities, and, that you all expect
the answers "soon". Is this the answer? If so, then I would suggest that
this information be posted somewhere so that all can see it, as I know there
are many people sitting on thier hands, waiting for this answer - as the
last info they heard was that of the Duany plan - - BVN - to be a golf
course, the area I mentioned above - - not to be rebuilt, areas along the
Forty arpent - -not to be rebuilt, areas on the West side of Gallo,
bordering the canal - -not to be re built. Because of these issues, many
have not gutted/cleaned their properties, for fear of the economic losses -
-why spend the $ if the property is not to be allowed to be rebuilt.

In an earlier posting CK states that she owns several properties in these
areas, and, has stopped working on them for these reasons. An ex-coworker of
mine is of the same mind-set...

Given an authoritive and definitive statement as to the actual requrements /
restrictions in these areas, I would think that more people would come
forward and clean/gut some of these properties that seem to have been
forgotten.

Charlie Fos