[StBernard] Storm Warnings!

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 24 10:41:39 EDT 2006

NOLA - "Hurricane Katrina severely damaged nearly every home and business in
the parish, and most of the 20,000 residents who have returned live in
trailers, built to withstand winds of about 50 mph, Ingargiola said. "

****Could this be construed as a danger sign: "Mild-mannered 51 mph+ windows
will devestate St. Bernard parish's trailers (and this the community AGAIN
for yet another disaster with no place to go and start the list again of
waiting months for a place to live again in the parish??)..

NOLA - "Mandatory evacuations will be ordered for the entire parish if it is
in the direct path of an approaching tropical storm, or stronger system."

****Tropical storms..and everyone would leave the parish again in
evacuation? We had a "mild" 75 mph wind last year (upgraded tropical storm
Cindy) in which we lost electricity in the parish for 1-3 days last year a
couple of months before Katrina.

http://www.nola.com/stbernard/t-p/index.ssf?/base/news-2/1148380152213580.xm

Oh, Lord. Give us the strength to endure yet one more storm in 2006!!

--jer--