[StBernard] Information

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 24 22:35:57 EDT 2006

Ha Ha Wes,

No, I was told by someone visiting that their electrician told them they
had to hard wire fire alarms in the home otherwise they wouldn't get
certified. As to the soda blasting, was told by a friend who is living in
Picayune who is in the parish weekly working on her and her mom's house (mom
said she thought she saw it in the St. Bernard News too- May 3rd). My
understanding this is what the contractors told her. If this is all (pardon
my french) bullshit for contractors to make even more money (not that the
price gouging isn't enough) there really needs to be a listing of what is
really required as basic minimums for those of us in the "un-know" and there
should be a place for parish residents to file these complaints and these
businesses should be forced to turn over their licenses and never be allowed
to work in the parish again. AND the owners should be banned from being able
to apply for a business license ever again- A family member of mine got in
some trouble and closed one business to open a new one but had the same
issues. I hope you're right Wes, my checkbook is about to bust thinking
about this. Like I said, I know it's not much, but $2400 for soda blasting
and an $8000 electrical bill is just plain ridiculous. Thanks as always,

Wendy Hall