[StBernard] Major Press Event on Monday!

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu May 25 23:52:26 EDT 2006

Dear Members,

Join us on Memorial Day Morning.

WHERE: Old Hammond Highway Bridge over the 17th Street Canal

WHEN: May 29, at 9:45 am - the moment the 17th Canal breached

WHY: The 30 minute ceremony will highlight the federal government's central
role in causing the metro New Orleans Flood. We will remember the 1577 men
and women whose lives were lost and we will focus attention to this American
Tragedy.

On this Memorial Day, we will encourage the citizens of New Orleans and
South Louisiana to pay homage to the men and women here who gave their lives
defending America. When the rest of the nation needed us, we were there.
Now we need the rest of the nation to help rebuild New Orleans and South
Louisiana.

The ceremony will cap a 7-day campaign urging citizens drape their flooded
homes with a flag sending a message to the nation that we are Americans,
too.

In a ceremonial gesture of closure, we will stand at the Canal wall and drop
1577 flowers into the Water of the Canal. The timing coincides with the
recorded moment that the Canal breached and inundated Central New Orleans.

This will be a major press event and the most important event of the year.
Please come. Please bring 5 family and friends.

Sandy Rosenthal
Founder, Levees.Org
www.levees.org