[StBernard] can you forward this to the council

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri May 26 19:36:48 EDT 2006

I had an uncle who was in the Naval Reserve, Sea-bee unit, and for one two
week acdutra, he and his unit were sent to the Balkans after the conflict
was over. His unit built schools and stuff.

If we could send our naval reserve units to the Balkans then, why can't we
bring them to St. Bernard now? I have no idea how we could get it
considered, who at CNAVRES or whatever would need to be contacted for the
possbility of it. Maybe get some video "face time" with a local station?

JY

I could not agree more with the recommendation to utilize the
National Guard
(and in my opinion, Navy Sea-bees) to demolish homes and assist in
the
clean-up effort. No, I do not believe that those that have the means
clean-up their property should be the beneficiaries of these
efforts, but
certainly the elderly and those homes presenting a safety hazard
should
definitely have first priority.

I have no doubt that the combined efforts would expedite the
recovery
process and help eliminate the potential problem of rodents, flat
tires,
etc. that are a biproduct of the lack of attention to these blighted
properties.