[StBernard] DROP A FLOWER INTO THE WATER

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat May 27 20:27:53 EDT 2006

Join us on Memorial Day Morning.

WHERE: Old Hammond Hwy Bridge over the 17th Street Canal - 7000 Bellaire
Drive

WHEN: May 29, at 9:45 am - the recorded moment the 17th Canal breached

The brief ceremony will highlight the federal government's central role in
causing the Flooding of August 29. We will remember the 1577 men and women
whose lives were lost and we will focus attention on this American Tragedy.
We will drop 1577 flowers into the water of the 17th Street Canal.

WE NEED YOUR PRESENCE TO HELP DROP THE FLOWERS INTO THE WATER.

The ceremony will cap a 7-day campaign urging citizens drape their flooded
homes with a flag sending a message to the nation that we are Americans,
too.

This will be a major press event and our most important event of the year.
Please invite 5 family and friends to this important event. Please come
help drop flowers into the water.

Thank you so much!
Sandy Rosenthal
www.levees.org