[StBernard] Murphy Oil -Buffer Zone Purchases

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 29 09:19:37 EDT 2006

PM,

I don't know that Murphy has been ordered to buy up homes by the government,
but I do know they are doing so. This was something they had started before
Katrina, the only thing different is they have expanded the foot print.

I don't have the full story on it, but my understanding is that they are
buying out to Ventura Drive. As for how they are valuing homes, my guess is
they are using some magic number the real estate idiot from UNO has given
them.

Since you are using Torres, I wish you the best and hopefully it will not
take long for you to see some type of settlement.

Should you decide to opt out, before selling to Murphy I would get an
appraisal done to have something that says what your house was worth before
the storm.

Westley