[StBernard] Good Neighbors - David

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 31 10:25:15 EDT 2006

David,

Thanks for the blessings, we can all use them. Even though Katrina dealt
us a hard blow, God has blessed us tremendously and has guided us in the
right direction. Except for 3 of our neighbors, all are gone, too and not
planning on coming back. We miss them terribly, but are in touch with all
of them. We were a neighborhood that grew up together, raised our kids
together, played together, took care of each other & helped one another out.
I guess one just doesn't lose that. Whether they are there or not, we will
help them out. And as a result, it helps us out, also. In addition to
making us feel close to them, it also makes us feel better seeing our old
neighborhood getting back a little (even though, very little) sense of
Pre-Katrina. We didn't do it for praise. We do it out of love and a sense
of pride. But, thank you, all the same.

Syl