[StBernard] U.S. Government Emergency $4.2 Billion Grant to LA Citizens

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 31 21:45:43 EDT 2006

Yes, I was aware that the committee is presently meeting to go over
finality of the bill. However, I thought there was some point reached in the
process that we can be made aware. I suppose knowing the point in progress
would give us any inkling of an indication of how long we'd be sitting on
our hands before it's passed to the President (who's proclaimed "veto" is
his choice) of accepting the 116 Billion (or $14 billion over his budget
request of 92 Billion). There are many of us who must depend upon this type
of assistance. It impacts our future enormously. We do hope it's going to be
handled immediately after their Memorial (Gawd, I said "Morial" <yuk!!>
break. Every moment that we're under fire in/by the parish is a nail in the
coffin of our citizens whose decision making is not theirs any longer, but
the powers that be who are making decisions for us!!

God help us.

-jer--

"Jer, At this point Congress is in recess, except for those that are afraid
their offices are going to get raided like Jefferson's. The spending bill
you are talking about is in conference committee, which is where the House
and the Senate get together to hash out differences. As with anything
involving Congress, the odds are 50-50. Westley Annis"