[StBernard] FEMA closing volunteer camps

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 31 22:01:06 EDT 2006

disasterrelief at gulfcoastsynod.org

The Lutheran Disaster Response (LDR) has set up several camp sites/ housing
sites for volunteers, usually on local church locations. In fact, once we
get moving a bit more at Gethsemane at Paris Road, we hope to have a site
there too as our rebuilding plans include showers and washer/dryer areas for
such.

LDR is committed to about eight years of assistance, mostly volunteer groups
to come and gut, clean, and repair. I had never found the 'request' forms
on the site, but the surrounding Lutheran churches (Atonement, Christ the
King, Hosanna Mandeville, Peace Lutheran Slidell, Lamb of God Slidell) all
take requests for work orders as well as provide housing.

Since the fema housing is closed, I think the housing at these camps will be
busy busy busy. If you have a group wanting to come down, contact them and
see what can be done. They had of course Lutherans but also had other
denominations staying there. Here is the website:
A Future With Hope <http://www.futurewithhope.org/>

Gaby