[StBernard] Why is Ken Odinet worried about N.O. assessors?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jun 6 10:07:50 EDT 2006

Cutting and pasting from Stephanie Grace's column:

Rep. Ken Odinet, attempting to answer the
under-assessments-lead-to-higher-tax rates argument, claimed that millages
can't be raised without a vote of the people. Wrong again, as anyone who
just received a New Orleans tax bill can attest.

and

Ken Odinet harrumphed that he resented being forced to vote for the bill and
then proceeded to vote no anyway, along with Morrell. Arnold and Heaton
didn't vote, but only, word was, because they knew they couldn't change the
outcome.

This jerk *represents* me at the State House.

I know he was about to pee in his pants over the 1 levee board concept but
why's he in such a lather over this?

Westley, I'm sure you can provide me some info on this, uh, individual!

Thanks!

JLY