[StBernard] Road Home- Grant Money

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jun 6 17:54:02 EDT 2006

Wendy,

Don't go talking sense here.

As much as I hate to say it, the more and more I hear about the details of
the Road home program, the more it sounds like a handout for blacks. Yes,
the 9th Ward had 60+% home ownership, but what about the rest of the state
that got flooded?

I agree with you that I will concede the flood insurance, but only if you
stop calling it insurance, but the Federal government had nothing to do with
homeowners insurance unless they are now counting the tax breaks they give
to insurance companies.

I think it is time we move the Federal Government bureaucracies out of the
Beltway so they can see how the real nation lives. Congress can stay in
D.C., but everything else must spread out. No more than 5,000 federal
workers within a 100 mile radius of each other.

Westley