[StBernard] Unsure of the Road Home

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 8 16:35:30 EDT 2006

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ANY MONIES FROM THE LRA
UNTIL THE PARISH COUNCIL ADOPTS THE FEMA ADVISORY GUIDELINES. WHICH AS OF
THE LAST COUNCIL MEETING, THEY HAVE NOT DONE.

SLM

Dear Wes,

I keep seeing these "quarterly reports" from the LRA, is this just so
they can say "...Look we earned our paycheck this week." I'm sorry, and I
know politics are slow, but this is ridiculous. It took three months to do
that little bit. Hell, in three months my neigyhbors have almost rebuilt
their homes by themselves. These people can't get paper walked through a
little faster. Have they ever heard of persistence? 10 months and all we got
were approvals, no allocation of funding. There is something seriously wrong
here and it needs to change...maybe electronic forms so that paper could
move faster? Hand delivering and waiting for the response. I mean people's
lives depend on this and they are on hold until these people get off their
duff and move the paper.

Wendy Hall
Coming home in two weeks