[StBernard] FRIEND?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 8 18:18:30 EDT 2006

I was insured. You are missing the big picture. This isn't a debate on
whether the government owes us anything. It's about money that is there for
the taking, but we will not receive if we don't adopt the advisory.
Don't try to turn this into something it is not. Do not try to pick a fight
so that the residents of St. B do not see what is really happening here.
Either you are employing tactics or you truly missed the entire point of my
response.

FACT: IF THE COUNCIL DOES NOT ADOPT THE ADVISORY WE WILL NOT GET LRA FUNDS,
ICC FUNDS, OR BE ELIGIBLE FOR FLOOD INSURANCE.

This will effect everyone - whether you are rebuilding in St. B or tyring to
sell.

SLM

SLM,

I know I am going to get a lot of slack from this, but I do not understand
why you think the government owes you anything. What makes you think you
are entitled to anything. You like everyone else had the options to buy
insurance and weather you did or did not, is something you need to live
with. St. Bernard was well flooded before the levees broke and the only way
St. Bernard would not have been flooded is if we lived in a bucket with 30
to 40 foot walls all around which is highly unlikely. Yes, I do agree that
the government should help us, but they did not tell you to move into St.
Bernard with the MRGO so close. I am sure you crossed the green bridge many
times looking at the height of the levees, but you stayed. It is just
confusing to me that you believe you are entitled. I am just going to be
grateful for what they give me and when ever it comes. I had insurance but
not enough and if they can give me money just to make me whole I will be
truly grateful. I was the stupid one to not have enough coverage and I need
to live with this. I just wonder if we would have gotten hit with an
earthquake, and your house was totally destroyed, the government would not
have helped, nor your insurance company why do you feel they should help
with this. I truly agree with Alan, lets not rock the boat and let the
money come. Also, I do not believe that I should be penalized for having
insurance but like he said there are rules.

Friend