[StBernard] Use of LRA Funds?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jun 10 12:29:07 EDT 2006

Missing,

Like it or not, a homeowner is homeowner, no matter how you look at it.
She owned the home, just not the land. However, she has taken a HUGE risk
and hope she has a backup plan. Becasue, if it doesn't come through, this
guy just goy his house redone for free. By the way, does she have a sister,
brother or relative....my house was in Deer Creek and already gutted, so I
should be able to get a cool $60,000 right?

Wendy Hall

________________________________

I have a question for you Wes, Or anyone knowing the answer to the
question...I was at the library at school today, Nicholls State, where I met
this lady from Chalmette like me. She told me that she was so excited that
the LRA money was finally approved, and was one step closer to reaching much
needed hands. She asked me where I lived, I told her on Mehle in Arabi, &
she asked me if I was going home, I told her, I was counting on the LRA
money to rebuild my home, since the floodwaters claimed the house & all that
was in it. She's like, "Why don't you get the LRA money and buy another
one?" I answered her like this," I'm a single mom, & it took 10 years of
saving, to buy this house, and all my blood, sweat & tears working to turn
it into a home for my daughter, and myself, there's no way I'm walking away
from that.|" what she said next is the reason behind my question....."Well,
my husband & I worked out an agreement, in writing with a homeowner in
Lexington Place, he agreed to sell us his house, after we get our LRA money,
and in the meantime we agreed to use our FEMA money to gut, which we did for
free, & start the rebuilding of the 2 story home that had water up to the
2nd floor, almost $20,000.00 we got from FEMA will go towards the repairs
now, and the LRA money will pay the rest. If we don't pay for the house by
Jan., we all agreed, he'd just be ahead $20,000.00. If we buy it in time, he
just deducts the 20, from the price of $70,000.00 he's asking for the house.
All sounds kinda weird, but it gets better, I asked "well, where did you
live when the hurricane hit, " MARY ANN TRAILER PARK!!!!!!!!! EXCUSE
ME, is the LRA actually going to pay to move someone out of a trailer park &
into a house in the Lexington subdivision? I told her that I thought the
LRA money was only good for homeowners, and she was like"I am a homeowner,
its just a mobile home" she later showed me the pictures of the house
before, her family gutted it out, and after they gutted it, and the new
pictures with the electrician installing the wiring, and the color schemes
and what not. I WAS IN SHOCK!!! They really put all the money FEMA gave them
into this house, if they don't get this LRA money, its now gone!!!!!! Can
this be possible, I mean, does the LRA allow owners of mobile homes to use
that as a home to get this money? SCOCKING!!!! Meanwhile, homeowners who
really need it are still praying to the federal government Gods to make
this program a reality........

By the way, she was not a student, she was picking up the girlfriend of her
son, who worked at the campus bookstore.....

MISSING MEHLE MORE THAN EVER
!!!!!!