[StBernard] ALE

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jun 11 11:26:08 EDT 2006

Since most of us were dissallowed ALE because the insurance companies stated
that we had flood damage and not wind causing us to be removed from our
homes some insured were only allowed up to 14 days due to a civil action.
If your policy is open ended for being away from your home due to a civil
activity then the 14 days caused by the EPA etc forbidding us to come back
should be eligible to be paid as stated here. Unfortunately Liberty Mutual
homeowner policy limits this to 14 days only.

As for Rita, the insured would be subjected to their deductible again for
the 14 days for ALE that the governor dictated that we could not come back
to our homes since this is a different occurrance.
jd