[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish Council disagrees with FEMA's elevation advisories

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jun 11 11:37:28 EDT 2006

JLY,

Here is the simple plan that the LRA will use to limit the help for people.

If forced to adopt the Advisory Base Flood Elevations (which we have been
fighting for an exemption) many individuals will assure that there damage is
below 50% so that there will be no elevation requirement for the individual,
but in doing so there automatically limits the amount of assistance one will
receive based on that damage.

The best way around it is to start the repair process if you plan to come
back.

God Bless,
Craig