[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish Council disagrees with FEMA's elevation advisories

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jun 11 11:41:30 EDT 2006

SLM,

The council has not adopted the ABFE because we have been fighting for an
exemption- if the exemption is not granted we will not keep assistance from
coming to the parish. If you take some time to study what the rationale was
by FEMA you will see that this is a poor decision by FEMA and a poor
decision by the LRA, but they have been way off throughout this whole thing-
hard working individuals, but the plan leaves a lot to be desired. Many
people will not get what they think they are going to get.

There is nothing sinister about the delay in the adoption, just trying to
get the decision makers to understand the impact of a one size fits all
ruling.

God Bless,
Craig