[StBernard] MRGO

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jun 14 20:01:47 EDT 2006

And let me add since his days as Chairman of the Port of New Orleans, Walter
has constantly fought to close the MRGO to deep draft vessels - but he was
always out voted. For several years he has recommended building a new port
facility on the Mississippi River to relocated the companies that use the
MRGO - two sites he proposed were both in St. Bernard. The new facility
(which could be built within 2 years) could be built (and paid for) by the
funds saved from not having to dredge the MRGO - about 10 years to pay it
off - and that's considered a short term pay off by most business standards.

John Scurich