[StBernard] Murphy Cleanup

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 15 10:18:56 EDT 2006

I have the exact same problem. Called several times and always told they
would call back. Nothing, nada, zip. The last time I called, the woman gave
me a new number and said that this number you call to set up an appointment.
Its 1-800-643-5760. I just called that a minute ago. They take your info and
"someone will call you back". We've even told them that we are living there
and ready to begin construction in the hopes that they will call soon
because of that . But like everything else lately, no progress. Frustrating
beyond belief. I wonder if other natural disaster victims have the same
problems with government, insurance, and various companies and that we seem
to be going through. What we need is some serious national and international
exposure solely on our parish, not New Orleans. I think the world has heard
enough about New Orleans's problems and almost nothing on St Tammany,
Plaquemines, and St Bernard. Anyway, good luck getting Murphy to come out,
you'll need it.

Melissa

Can anyone tell me what we have to do to get Murphy to clean our property?
When we settled with Murphy, they said 6 inches of our soil had to be
removed and replaced with new soil and the inside would be cleaned also. I
have called the number every day and left a message for them to call me
regarding the clean up, but I have not had a return call.

Carol