[StBernard] Debris Removal

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jun 18 00:02:41 EDT 2006

Why is it that St. Bernard is not included in the Louisiana State Police
program to allow for the placement of stickers on abandoned automobiles so
that they can be towed away? Also, what is the problem with the removal of
trash in Corinne Estates? Over a month ago the lady operating the bobcat
jammed the machine (0n a Thursday), and promised that they would return the
next day. Last week we finally had some action in the latter part of the
subdivision, however the first three blocks contain significant debris,
including an abandoned truck that has been sitting at the corner of Genie
and Corinne Avenue for some three months now.

My question is "who is responsible for the clean-up in Corinne Estates? If
it is Murphy, then who is enforcing the clean-up? If it is the parish, then
why are they picking up all around us, but not the debris in Corinne
Estates? At this point there are only three of 63 homes that have not been
gutted, so I have no doubt that once the neutral grounds are cleaned of the
existing debris, the residents of Corinne Estates will gladly place any new
trash on their lawns between the sidewalk and the streets. It would be
helpful if Murphy would spread new soil across the neutral grounds, since
the neutral grounds would not have been damaged have we not had so much
debris from the oil spill. If nothing else, it would be a nice gesture on
Murphy's part.

Any assistance that can be provided in resolving these matters will be
greatly appreciated by the residents of Corinne Estates.

John Richardson