[StBernard] Senator Boasso Pulls a Lynn Dean

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 19 22:52:41 EDT 2006

JLY,

Melancon is "not" making a difference, and I wouldn't hold my breath Romero
could either. Too bad there are no "Bobby Jindals" or "David Vitters" in
the 3rd Congressional district. Walter would make an excellent U.S. Rep but
I'm pretty certain he has no interest in that - at least not at this time.
Besides, I think Walter would have a rough time (not a sure thing) to run in
the 3rd District that favors a democrat or someone from heart of bayou
country.

I believe Jindal is going to run for governor - and he'll win this time.
That would leave an opening for his 1st Congressional district seat where
they (the U.S. Speaker of the House) would definitely have to call for a
special election to fill the remainder of his term. In such a scenario,
immediatley after Jindal wins, if I'm Walter I'd buy a house in the St.
Tammany sector of his state senate district and claim it as domicile and
registered voter location. This way he could run for Jindal's vacated seat
and would fair better - and likely be a favorite in the race considering the
outstanding credibility and name recognition he's built up in Jefferson, St.
Tammany and Tangipahoa which comprise 90% of the district. Considering how
many thousands of St. Bernardians are now living in the 1st Congressional
district, Walter has a true legitimate shot at it. I wouldn't be surprised
one bit if both Jindal and the Republican Party gave their endorsement of
Walter. Even though St. Bernard is not part of that Congressional district
you just know Walter will consider himself reprenting our parish and do
anything anyone asks.

Something to think about.

John Scurich