[StBernard] FEMA fraud paid for football, vacations, erotica

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jun 20 22:19:27 EDT 2006

Well, from what I gather, much of the misuse/abuse of FEMA funding came
through the usage of their "debit cards" which gave the abusers "a hot
ticket" towards "entertainment" (although I'm sure there is other
fraud/misuse around).

Most were from the Houston/Astrodome/Superdome, etc. "crowd" which were so
"brutality" shown in the media as "forgotten, traumatized, raped, murdered
and "trumped with the 'race-card'" syndrome.

Strange how racially profiling was NOT an issue when it came down to feeling
sorry for the CNN's profiled, target peoples. Too bad St. Bernard doesn't
have the lame, the sick, the crippled, the victims who could have lost their
homes, spread oil through their humbled abodes and .. (ooooh, don't get me
started)..

Anyhow, we mustn't point fingers at who was responsible for the outbreak of
abuses which ticketed tax-payers because of such nonsense.

The "jokes" about this type of fraud is widespread around the country/world.
Reminds me of reading a Georgia newspaper's editorial cartoon this past
week:

..two goofy kids (seen as red-necks to avoid any profiling overtones because
we should just pick on these whenever we feel like we should use "somebody"
as any example, right? <geez>)..

..were before their parent for Father's Day. In the father's hand is a FEMA
debit card given the kids for the holiday. He remarks, "A FEMA Card? Gee,
thanks!!! (happy and content that now he's given free reign to shop at
will).

In any case, consider the fact, "Saints games, vacations, etc." Hmmmm, I
wonder how many hand-guns, ammo and liquor, and party supplies were also
bought for upcoming celebrations?

No wonder why I'm getting strange reaactions whenever I have to defend my
right to explain to others my financial situation and that I'm a Katrina
victim. I truly believe that the "invitation" to compassion has long worn
off and in its place "open season" for Katrina victims. Of course, there are
places which still embrace care and compassion toward the cause, but it is
rapidly deteriorating as fast as my home did in a few short "Katrina
moments".

--jer--

oh yeah thats another thing! after the hurricane we housed six people for
God knows how long. i sat here and watched them collect over and over from
fema. guess what; i didn't qualify, wasn't displaced. wow what a wonderful
current state of affairs.

Ben