[StBernard] David Bernard-formerly of WWL

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 22 19:19:57 EDT 2006

I'm on this little weather forum that Zach Fradella runs. Zach had been
interviewed by John Gumm before he left because Zach is an amateur met.
Anyway, John got David Bernard to join this forum and David had some
interesting news to post:

With the encouragement of John Gumm, I have joined the forum. My circle of
friends at the Hurricane Center has grown larger since moving to Miami. I
was speaking to one individual, today, and he did have some encouraging
news.

It does appear we are going to see a more normal progression of the season.
This means the hyper-start of last year is unlikely to repeat itself In fact
it is very possible there could be none or very limited activity until we
approach mid August. So, let's hope that is the case. We don't get too
worried in South Florida until late August.

As a side note, did you know that October is the most likely time to have a
hurricane in South Floriday.not by much but by a little. Wilma was a prime
example.

Let's hope that David and his NHC friends are right!

JLY