[StBernard] U.S. Chamber: Contingency Fee Bill Will Cost Louisiana Jobs

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jun 24 11:24:58 EDT 2006

That was absolutely disgusting and I'm glad it didn't pass.

What is it with the ledge?

They didn't want to pass up any chance to reap their "goodies" from the
recovery business so (I think) they shot down the provision that would ban
any member, etc. from being part of a company doing business with the
recovery. (I think I got that right!)

"Ethics" bill was shot down.

Now, Jeff. Parish is trying an end-run around the compromise levee board
legislation that got passed.

JLY

I'm not sure why I got this press release a month later, but
thankfully this
bill did not pass.

I'm seeing a record of any voting on it in the Senate, but in the
House it
was a reversal of sorts. Ken Odinet voted against it while Nita
Hutter
voted for it.

Sometimes, no, make that all the time, I just don't understand what
these
people are thinking when they cast their votes.

Westley

U.S. Chamber: Contingency Fee Bill Will Cost Louisiana Jobs Intent
is to
Line Lawyers. Pockets, Not Serve Citizens