[StBernard] Armoring Levees

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jun 28 19:59:55 EDT 2006

Craig,

In the bureaucracy it's calledy C.Y.O.A. They can't and won't think outside
the box.

Until there are major revisions to their "bible", the Stafford Act, enacted
by Congress and we get that part of the CFR amened and updated, the next
disaster will be handled just like this one.

Let me ask: Has either the Council or Junior been able to get them to
reverse a decision they were leaning toward when it didn't make a lot of
sense?

Jim York

Ron,

The decision by FEMA is based on the economic justification or
eligibility
of the slab material for demolition reimbursement. An overriding
issue
continues to be avoiding setting a precedent of disaster responses
here for
future circumstances.

I still have been unable to accurately predict what FEMA's line of
thought
will be when a creative concept is presented to them. We continue
on.

God Bless,
Craig