[StBernard] Homeowners insurance

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jun 28 20:23:24 EDT 2006

existing homeowners policy would automatically cover your possessions in a
rental home if you were displaced. I came to Kentucky in September and when
I switched my car insurance I inquired as to whether I should bother to keep
my homeowners policy in force.
By the way, I just bought a house in Kentucky and didn't have any trouble
getting Allstate to write a policy for it.
Richard Slawsky

Is there any law on the books that would require insurance companies to
convert an existing homeowner's policy to a rental property covering only
personal property until such time as a new home is purchased? At least this
way the insurance company would be revising an existing policy eliminating
their excuse to avoid writing a "new policy" for its customers. It should be
illegal for insurance companies to avoid writing policies on long-time
customers solely because they made a claim during this last disaster,
forcing them to pay the ludicrous premiums associated with the state plan
once they locate and puchase a new home.