[StBernard] Liability Insurance

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jun 28 20:26:17 EDT 2006

Genny,

Who was your Mom's agent?

Westley

-----Original Message-----
My Mom's home was demolished at the end of May. She called her State Farm
Agent because her Home Owners policy was up for renewal in August, 2006.
Her Agent told her if she did not plan to stay in Louisiana and rebuild she
did not need insurance. Since she is not staying she agreed to cancel the
policy. Well - we all know she needs LIABILITY insurance until she is no
longer the owner of her property (now a flat slab).

Today, I her Agent and tell him she needs to keep liability. State Farm
will not cover her for Liability Insurance if she does not have a Home
Owners. How is this fair? He talked her into canceling and now a day later
he said she cannot undo the cancellation or get liability insurance only.
What do we do now? Has anyone else had this problem? Where do you get
liability only insurance?

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Worried for my Mom.
Thanks, Genny