[StBernard] #11

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 29 22:58:08 EDT 2006

But, John, how are you going to control what the premium is going to be?
No one can tell them what to charge for coverage, just look at the new
premiums for everyone who still has homeowners. Are you going to try to
regulate their profit margin? Competition in a free market society is what
usually keeps prices down, but if you expect government to regulate
insurance industry premiums, then what is the industry's justification for
placing themselves at maximum exposure for minimum profits? As a
businessman, would you knowingly accept that risk? What about as a
stockholder in that company? Would you keep that CEO around for long?

It's a great idea to get insurance written in Southeast Louisiana, but how
do we sell that idea to the companies. Some are pulling up roots and
heading for the hills now. I am just wondering how we get them interested
enough to come back. I guess the same goes for the population.

JIM