[StBernard] Group hopes to sell Alabama Katrina shelter cited as waste

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jul 1 23:14:06 EDT 2006

Westley,

When we got up here in AL, my relatives told us about the renovations they
were doing there to be able to house evacuees at Ft. McClennand. I watched
it on tv and yes, the bldgs were renovated to have private rooms, etc. But
as I watched, the handful of folks going there were our "brethren" from
NOLA, plus even though having seperate rooms they still had communal
bathrooms!!

I looked and that and said, "Uh, thanks but no thanks!"

You are not wrong; that's exactly what is going to happen. FEMA redid those
buildings (some work was done by that group) and they were used for a short
time by a handful. The guy will sell them and make money courtesy of FEMA's
generosity.

P.S.

I knew that one would get ya! That's why I posted it. <g>

JLY

----

The GAO needs to fully investigate this, starting with Mr.
Dan Cleckler. I
may be wrong, but this smells of a way to get free
renovations, thereby
raising the value of the property, and putting the blame on
a faceless
government agency.

Who does Mr. Cleckler know in Congress, the military, or
FEMA?

Westley