[StBernard] MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING - June 26

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jul 2 12:23:50 EDT 2006

MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING
Monday, June 26, 2006, 8:00 a.m.

Dave Peralta, Chief Administrative Officer

Present: 29

Emergency Operations: Larry Ingargiola. Not present.

Community Development: Mike Hunnicutt. No report.

Public Works and Water and Sewer: Chris Merkl.
1. After the last meeting Thursday we can see that the debris is being
picked up in a lot of areas and business areas.
2. We will start to attack the grass on the side curb. We are in the
process getting a dump area for residents on Paris Road. Once we get a
landfield for dumping we will let the residents know. We are enforcing
illegal dumping in the parish and action will be taken against violators.
Curry Reports:
1. We are preparing to pick up the debris from the CCA Contractors once that
becomes available to us.

Recovery: David Dysart.
1. Finishing up the last touches at the base camp. Showers to be completed
this week we can return the shower rentals.
2. We lost two American Corps teams that are leaving today.
3. We are starting with our security on July 1, 2006.

Public Assistance:
Residential: Craig Taffaro.
1. Steve Pitts, Fluor, informed me that we should have all trailers in place
within the next 3 weeks.
2. The Pilot program should kick off this week.

Business: Charles Ponstein.
1. The Main's Supermarket will open Wednesday.
2. We heard that the lease is going to be signed this week for Breaux Mart
at the old IGA location.

Private Non-Profit: Judy Hoffmeister
1. We still have items at the Civic Center for residents. Hours are 8:30
a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Volunteers: Gidget McDougall
1. Last week I toured the Base Camp and found it very impressive.
2. We also are forming a committee after July 4, 2006 for the one year
anniversary of Katrina.
3. Thursday we have a few people attending the Chef John Folse Show taping
in Baton Rouge.

Agriculture/Wildlife and Fisheries: Ricky Melerine. Not present.
Lake Borgne Basin Levee District: Bob Turner.
1. Still trying to get something done with our canals, and are working on
getting a machine in about two weeks.
2. URG will loan us a generator and will also need one at station # 4 as an
emergency stand by.
Biggest thing is getting the project worksheets written for our pumping
stations. We are working on getting project worksheets for our debris
removal. Fema worked with URG for picking up some of the debris.

Medical: Dr. Bryan Bertucci
1. I sent an e-mail out so we can have a case for a hospital here in the
parish. We also think it's important to get the numbers and information of
the residents we do have back in the parish so we can get a hospital.

2. Our operational hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 - 5:30 Saturday and Sunday
8:30 -12:30 p.m. We are getting more entrance signs for the facility.

EMS: Janie Fuller. Not present.

Public Safety: Sheriff=s Office. Pete Tufaro
1. We are in the process of stepping up patrols being we have more
residents returning.

Fire Department: Warren Drewes
1. We had a quiet weekend. No fires reported to the fire department.
2. The Chief will have a zero tolerance for fireworks in the parish over the
July 4th holiday.

Environmental Issues:
CDC and DEQ: Wayne Desselle. Not present.

EPA: No Report
Murphy Oil: Jim Wallwork
1. Home cleaned to date: 1,701 exteriors; 512 interiors; 113 yards scrapped
and 334,000 cubic yards of debris have been picked up. Also due to the
increase of volunteers cleaning out homes we will increase our pick-up in
areas.

Parish Government:
Council: Lynn Dean. Not present.
Parks and Recreation: John Metzler, Jr.
1. We had our night games this week. We think this does help with the heat
for the players.
External Affairs: No report.
Finance: Geremie Loupe. Not present.
Personnel: Kevin Clark. Not present.
Insurance: Mike Wiltz. Not present.
Long Term Recovery: Marvin LeBlanc. Not present.

General Information:
The DRC in Wal-mart parking lot will be closed Tuesday July 4th, 2006 and
will re-open on Wednesday July 5, 2006 at 9:00 a.m.
Next meeting scheduled for Thursday June 29, 2006 at 8 a.m.