[StBernard] Debris Removal

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jul 2 23:55:30 EDT 2006

Craig:

Thanks for your help. My neighbors and I were sick of seeing the truck
sitting on the neutral grounds simply because a former neighbor decided that
since he moved, he was no longer interested in the appearance of our area.
One point of clarification: Who is responsible for cleaning up the debris
in the "spill zone"? I heard a rumor that the parish relieved Murphy on the
basis that most of the debris is unrelated to the storm, but instead, to
rebuilding. Although we are getting there, I can assure you that 90% of the
debris located on Corinne Drive and Corinne Avenue is from gutting and from
cleaning the yard of swamp mud. I have no doubt that the residents of
Corinne Estates will keep the neutral grounds clean, once the current debris
is removed. I would also suggest to Murphy Oil that it would certainly
demonstrate positive relations if they spread new soil across the neutral
grounds, to smooth out the areas that have been damaged in prior trash
pick-ups, and would serve to reinforce to the residents that all new debris
must be place in front of their homes between the street and their sidewalk.

I have called Murphy repeatedly, to no avail, but they may listen to you.

Again, thanks for your tremendous efforts on our behalf.