[StBernard] MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING - June 29

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 6 23:37:52 EDT 2006

MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING
Thursday, June 29, 2006, 8:00 a.m.

Dave Peralta, Chief Administrative Officer

Present: 31

Emergency Operations: Larry Ingargiola. Not present.

Community Development: Mike Hunnicutt.
1. Will be looking into mobile home group sites with the number of trailers
that are eligible for the number of sites on that property. We lost our
original papers in Katrina of each trailer park site for the number of
spaces that are eligible.
Public Works and Water and Sewer: Chris Merkl.
1. Our department will be working Saturday and Sunday and off Monday and
Tuesday.
2. Our billing equipment is in the process of getting set up so we can
mailing out water bills to the residents.
Curry reports:
1. Demolition still on going.
2. Commercial pickup still on going.
3. We are working on getting the mobile home at the end of Judge Perez
removed.
Dave Peralta reports that the cars are being picked at a rapid rate along
with the State Troopers.

Recovery: David Dysart. Not present

Public Assistance:
Residential: Craig Taffaro.
1. Update on trailers as of today we had 10,900 requested for St. Bernard
there are 7,362 eligible sites which means those are sites that can receive
a trailer; of those sites there are 6,731 trailers delivered and of those
5,641 are leased in. We are looking into this matter being the numbers don't
match up.
Pitts reports: Numbers also included trailers that were withdrawn or added
back on the list. These numbers don't include group sites. We will have more
trailers coming to trailer sites.
Craig said he will work on requesting another trailer rally day for St.
Bernard.

Business: Charles Ponstein.
1. The Main's Supermarket opened today. Their gas pumps will be opening
soon.
2. Breaux Mart should be opening in about 6 weeks.
3. McDonalds date opening in September.
4. Burger King & Sonic have notified us that they will be coming back.

Private Non-Profit: Judy Hoffmeister. Not present.

Volunteers: Gidget McDougall
1. Today we will be taking our trip to Baton Rouge to represent our Parish
for the Chef John Folse taping.

Agriculture/Wildlife and Fisheries: Ricky Melerine. Not present.
Lake Borgne Basin Levee District: Bob Turner.
1. Levee work continues on the MRGO they will be going up to plus twenty on
that levee soon. The levee work on the interior is completed.
2. Still moving forward on the canals.
3. URG has loaned us a generator that will be placed at station # 4 as an
emergency stand by.

Medical: Dr. Bryan Bertucci
1. We saw 113 patients on Monday and 108 on Tuesday.
2. We are taking patients that have Insurance.

EMS: Janie Fuller. Not present.

Public Safety: Sheriff=s Office. Pete Tufaro
1. Any instincts we have in the trailer sites we report them to FEMA and
they are taking care of any issues of evicting them from the site.

Fire Department: Warren Drewes
1. We had a house fire at a house that was demolished in Arabi last night.

Environmental Issues:
CDC and DEQ: Wayne Desselle.
1. We are waiting to get a checklist from CCA for each house they take
down.

EPA: No Report
Murphy Oil: Jim Wallwork
1. Homes cleaned to date: 1,712 exteriors; 541 interiors; 117 yards scrapped
and 339,000 cubic yards of debris have been picked up.

Parish Government:
Council: Lynn Dean. Not present.
Parks and Recreation: John Metzler, Jr.
1. We trying to maintain Kenilworth Park so we can use the park for
practice.
External Affairs: No report.
Finance: Geremie Loupe. Not present.
Personnel: Kevin Clark. Not present.
Insurance: Mike Wiltz. Not present.
Long Term Recovery: Marvin LeBlanc. Not present.

General Information:
Next meeting scheduled for Thursday July 6, 2006 at 8 a.m.