[StBernard] Dr. Phil Show-- FEMA 113

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jul 10 23:17:30 EDT 2006

That's a great point Judy. FEMA has helped an awful lot of people, but they
have screwed up way too much. The point is, they sure need a lot of
improvement for next time there is an emergency. Also, the level of waste
is totally unacceptable. Anyone who pays taxes should be outraged by this,
this is our hard earned money being thrown away. I realize there will
always be some level of waste and mistakes in a situation where the
government is trying to help so many people very fast as they did. But they
need so much improvement. Many people got help that didn't need it and so
many didn't get any help that were much more in need and deserving of help.

I know personally many older people, veterans that defended our country,
that have lost everything and didn't get any assistance from fema. Also
younger people that have fought in Iraq for us, same thing. No, the
government shouldn't do everything for us. We should be taking care of
ourselves for sure, whenever possible. But if the government is going to
use our tax money to do this, they should be good stewarts of our money and
spend our money as carefully as you or I would spend our own money.

Laurie